- All competitors must be members of WPA.
- Competitors are responsible for checking in at
registration and with a steward prior to their event.
- Recognizable Highland Dress is encouraged in all
classes. It is required in Grades 4, 3, 2, and 1.
- Side Drummers may play with or without a piper.
Tenor drummers may play with our without a drummer and/or
piper. Side and tenor drummers may choose to perform with
- Chanter class is limited to those who have never
competed on pipes. Drum pad is limited to those who have
never competed on drums.
- The adult class is limited to those who are 18 years
and older, and do not normally compete in graded events.
This is also known as the "bandsman" class.
- Two-part tunes should be played twice except for slow
airs, which should be played with repeats as written. Judge
may request that a slow air without repeats be played twice.
- To qualify for an aggregate award, a competitor must
compete in 4 of the 5 monthly competitions.
- All competitors are required to perform when notified
by the steward.
- $40 per season pre-registration fee ($20 chanter, grade
5, drummers); same-day registration will be $7.50 per event.
Please make checks payable to "Washington Piper's Association."
- Aggregate winners who do not move up a grade are not
eligible to win a second aggregate.
- We will otherwise follow the BCPA rules, which can be
found on their web site http://www.bcpipers.org.
We will otherwise follow the BCPA rules,
which can be found on their